Chemcem Health & Safety Policy Statement
Overall and final responsibility for health and safety in CHEMCEM is that of Alasdair Beaton who is the Director responsible for safety.
The company will comply with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, and other relevant legislation and meet the standards required to protect all of our employees and any person likely to be affected by our work operations.
The objective of this policy is to attain and maintain high standards of health and safety performance throughout the company and detail the standards expected of employees and sub-contractors who under take work on its behalf.
Hazards will be identified and the risk of injury, disease or dangerous occurrence will be minimised by the achievement and maintenance of high standards of health and safety. These standards will be attained, so far as is reasonably practicable by:
- The provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work that are safe and without risk.
- Adequate arrangements for the regular assessment of work activities in order to identify associated hazards and control the risks arising.
- Arrangements for ensuring safety and the absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage, transportation and disposal of articles and substances.
- The provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety of employees of the Company.
- Providing any necessary personal protective clothing and equipment required as the result of a risk assessment.
- The maintenance of any workplace under the control of the company in a condition that is safe to use and without risk to health, and the provision and maintenance of means of access to and egress from it that are safe and without risk.
- The provision and maintenance of working environments that are without risk to health and adequate with regard to, first aid; fire prevention and control; welfare facilities and arrangements for employees of the Company.
- Systems to ensure ‘open door’ consultation with employees on matters of health and safety.
- A visible management commitment to high standards of health and safety achieved through monitoring performance and the continuous improvement of the health and safety culture throughout the company.
The policy will be kept up to date, particularly as the business changes in nature and size. To ensure this, the policy and the way in which it is implemented will be reviewed annually.
The allocation of duties for safety matters and the particular arrangements made to implement the policy are set out below
Signed: A Beaton
Date: 10 June 2017